Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Bourne Trilogy (Book 59, 60, 61)


The Bourne Trilogy
By
Robert Ludlum
 
Book 59 "The Bourne Identity"
Book 60 "The Bourne Supremacy"
Book 61 "The Bourne Ultimatum"
 
 
Robert Ludlum has masterfully written this series based around (the main character) Jason Bourne.
The book took on a whole new form when Hollywood took it to the "big screen". I wanted to read Robert Ludlum for a very long time and it happened to literally fall off the shelf as I walked by in the library one day. (Chance? I think not. I'm sure the CIA was somehow behind the library controversy.) Having been a fan of the movies and seeing that the original three books were surrounded by a host of other "Bourne Books" my curiosity was peaked. I immediately put it on my "Reading Blitz List" and FINALLY finished the original trilogy.

Let me warn readers that if you are expecting similarities between the book and the screen adaptation you will be disappointed. Apparently, Hollywood hired writers to make up their own version of the story because they are NOTHING ALIKE. In fact, you could read the books and get a whole new version of "Bourne". 

Ludlum pours it on thick. Be prepared to have times in the series where you will speed through chapters at a time in a few hours. While you are speed reading along you will undoubtedly hit serious road blocks that take DAYS to chew through. Still....it's worth it if you are a espionage thriller fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment