Tuesday, January 27, 2015

***Book 62*** Sharp Objects


"Sharp Objects"
By
Gillian Flynn
 
 
Book 62 hits a milestone for me. A few years ago I had attempted a Reading Blitz of sorts? I had read a book (Tolstoy and the Purple Chair) where the author had mourned the death of her sister by reading 365 books in a year. Naturally, that amount of books amazed my so-so reading mind. She offered a challenge to do a 360 Day Challenge (which I re-named a Reading Blitz) and set out on a reading journey to read as many books in a year that I could manage. I fell extremely short, but managed to read more books than I EVER had before! More importantly, something that was MAYBE a partially part-time hobby of reading a few books a year...became a passion. My love of books, libraries, booksellers (both used and new) and those who love them...increased dramatically! 
So....that leaves me with book 62 (Sharp Objects, by Gillian Flynn). 

I have equaled the amount of books from the last Reading Blitz in Half the Time! 
 
That leaves me with book 62.
Gillian Flynn has hit occult like status with her HUGE following of fans. Her book "Gone Girl" hit the big time on film and with her other two novels being equally dark, crazy, and naturally thrilling, there's this feeling of mystery around her work. 

I had to put my name on a waiting list for over a month! In fact, I almost broke down TWICE to buy the paperback version, but waited with eager patience and found myself rewarded with another brilliant read. (Not as good as Gone Girl. BUT....just as edgy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment