Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas and Dickens (Books 48,49,50)

I felt it was appropriate to include Charles Dickens on this Reading Blitz. Since I was in the merry month of December..Dickens fit nicely with a Christmas theme. The Christmas stories weren't as big as some of his other titles (Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Tale of Two Cities) but they were deeply rich words from a classic hand.

Book 48, A Christmas Carol

Book 49, Holiday Romance

Book 50, Christmas Stories

A Christmas Carol was largely the most popular (thanks to Hollywood) and read beautifully. The others were a little more time compressed with Old English language, but were still classic Dickens!

I believe I will try to add another classic Dickens novel this year. We will see! However, I would recommend Dickens. His work has lasted the test of time for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment