Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Chronicle of a Death Foretold (Book 47)

Chronicle of a Death Foretold
By
Gabiel Garcia Marquez


I have to be honest in this blog and admit that the soul reason I read Marquez was to make up for my failure to read it in my World Literature class in college. Frankly, I skimmed it and lazily tried to convince my professor that I had read the pages.
Years later I return to this little gem of a book and glad that I made up for lost time by pausing and going back to wonders from the past. How many of us can admit doing this? I would suggest going back to the Moby Dicks, Great Expectations, and the Grapes of Wrath of our past. Whatever classic book we skipped over or whatever Cliff Notes we decided to help us skate by and avoid soaking in the message of thicker fiction.

Every time I go back and take on one of these skipped books, my literary heart gets rewarded! 

And so....Chronicle of a Death Foretold is added to the reading blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment